Liberté de choisir is a non-profit community organization that aims, through varied approaches, to promote a heal- thy lifestyle and prevent addictions and their related issues for young people and their entourage in their different living environments. The organization provides services on the territories of the following RCMs: Haut-Saint-Laurent, Roussillon, Beauharnois-Salaberry and Vaudreuil-Soulanges.
- 32 h per week with a varying schedule depending on workshops;
- Competitive wage according to the current salary scale;
- Training provided by the employer;
- Flexible start date (now to September);
- Group insurance;
- 2 weeks paid vacation at Christmas;
- 1 week paid vacation during school break;
- 8 days off – personal.
Nature of the job
The prevention educator presents and shares the addiction prevention program and leads activities related to the in-house programming at Liberté de choisir. They promote team work and keep a good line of communication within the team and with the partners.
- Inform, equip and raise awareness in the population of the issues related to substance consumption and promote a healthy lifestyle;
- Prepare, plan and lead prevention workshops in specific schools;
- Create new prevention tools;
- Fill out activities reports.
- Academic credentials in a field related to the job (special education, delinquency response, social work, drug addic- tion, etc.);
- Ability, interest and skills in leading a group;
- Knowledge and/or interest in the field of addiction, prevention and health and social services issues;
- Great knowledge of written and spoken French and/or English;
- A valid driver’s license;
- Knowledge of the community organizing and/or the classroom environment (an asset);
- Bilingual (an asset).
- Being comfortable in leading a workshop and able to adapt to the audience;
- Having the social skills and interest to work within a team;
- Showing initiative and creativity;
- Showing great autonomy at work and being organized;
- Having great adaptability and showing positivity and resourcefulness.
Liberté de choisir is a fair and equal work environment. We value diversity and the inclusion of people from varied and underrepresented populations.
Please send your curriculum vitae and a letter of motivation to the attention of Marie-Josée Dumas, General Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.